1. Browsing. You can browse our website, or related sites, without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
2. Registration. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
3. Information Collection. We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of and access to our sites, applications, services and tools, and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
- information sent to us by your computer, mobile device, or other access device. This information is associated with you personally only when sign in as a registered user, and includes but is not limited to:
- device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- information you provide us when registering for an account, including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- additional information you may provide to us via social media sites or services;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as item details, drawings, specifications, part lists, quotation details, purchase order details and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- supplemental information about you from third parties sources which we may add to your account information including demographic and navigation information, credit check information, and additional information about you from a credit bureau or other sources, as permitted by law.
4. General Use of Information. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and/or use of our services, applications and tools, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide you access to our sites and the services and customer support you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law;
- contact you, either via email or telephone to inform you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
5. Marketing Use. You agree that we may use your personal information to tell you about our and our corporate family’s websites, applications, services and tools, deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and customize measure and improve our advertising, based on your ad customization preferences. We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our advertising and marketing to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional communications from us, you can opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject heading “Opt-out of marketing related communication” or by following the instructions at the bottom of any marketing related email communication you receive from us.
6. Legal Disclosure. We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, to enforce our policies, to respond to claims, or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
7. Other Use. We may also share your personal information with:
- our affiliated companies to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, tools, services and communications;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, website operations, and co-branded credit cards);
- third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send information to in the normal use of the PartsMinder application (such as quotation requests and purchase orders to vendors);
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state or province, zip code or postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation; and
- credit bureaus with which we might report information about your account, including information on late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
While we use contractual and other measures to ensure protection of personal information, the laws and regulations relating to privacy and personal information protection in other jurisdictions may not be the same as, or similar to, your local privacy laws. In an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or otherwise prevent future harm.
8. Cookies. When you access our websites, or use our applications, and/or services and tools, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. We use these data files, known as “Cookies”, to help us identify you as a user, customize our services, content and advertising and to measure promotional effectiveness. Please note you are always free to decline Cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our websites, applications, and/or services and tools.
9. Spam. We and our users do not tolerate spam. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we will not rent or sell that email address.
10. Protection of Information. We store and process your personal information on computer servers which are physically located and managed within Amazon’s secure data centres and utilize Amazon AWS technology. Amazon continually manages risk and undergoes recurring assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings.
13. Contact. If your questions are not answered online, you may contact us at: email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 778-224-1013.